Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Small items for Holiday Show

Whistles from hardwood scraps.

My wife grabbed one right away and began using it to
call the dogs.  In the interest of time, I made them all the same pitch ( same length sound chamber ), but different sounds are easy to make just by drilling the chamber deeper.

Jacob's Ladder Toy
Always a pleaser to the young.  Some old toys are unbeatable.

















Wood bolts with washers and nuts.  1.5 inches diameter

I began using the big threading set to make actual vises for workbenches when I had thoughts of teaching shop class to kids.  Unfortunately, the liability issue is too much for me....sad for kids.   But I found making bolts with matching nuts and washers are fascinating to play with, and teaches how screws work.

No comments: