Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A flurry of activity...

Memorial Day we went from Winter to Spring....yes in ONE DAY.   The temperature went up to 70 and all the trees burst their buds in 24 hours!   Quite the sight.    But I spent quite a bit of time in the shop getting back-burner projects finished and starting new ones...which have their own posts. Follow the links if you'd like to see full post on it.

1. The Drop Front Desk I began several months ago was on hold for a long time...but finally finished it this week.   It was nice to use some spectacular veneers in it.


















2. An old beat-up rocker my wife found at a yard sale two years ago has been sitting in parts for most of that time waiting my attention.  The old girl had been abused and had suffered bad repairs in the hundred years since she was built.   The chair fell apart as I loaded it into my truck ;o).

I had to repair most of the joints and when reglued, she still wears the scars of past battles -- but proudly.

Like many chairs of the period, this one is quarter-sawn oak with the original wire spring seat.   Obviously, it has been recovered some years ago and I may replace it with leather if it seems worthwhile, but I doubt I can get a price to offset the cost.











3. Sculpted Rocker.   Started this before Christmas and it kept getting pushed out of the way...it also took an egregious amount of time.









No comments: