Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wine Bar

My customer has windows from India via an antique shop in Kuwait ;o)  He wants a wine bar with a granite top.   Here is the basic material I have to work with:   I'll be posting progress.  Will build a cabinet to house the wine, install a granite top with LED strip that is motion activated to illuminate wine when doors are opened.
These will be used a doors to access the wine.
 Glass panels will be installed on the back of them.

This will be on top of bar with a mirror installed behind.
All that iron work is pretty interesting.
12/20...Still waiting for a new arbor for my Unisaw...so I can't mill the Mahogany for cabinet...just have to work on routing recess for mirror and glass.
Glass and mirror are cut and ready to use.

...  the Unisaw is finally repaired, running smoothly again.   All the lumber milled to size, mortices and tenons cut and routed grooves for panels.  Pressed up some veneer panels and voila...we almost have a cabinet...looking at the back/side.  

Dry fit...no glue yet!
I glued up the end sections first, so I could attach drawer glides with ease...then did the final connection with front and back sections.


After the drawers were completed and installed then outside stained dark.


I had to do some cleaning of the old window frame carving before touch up staining and sprayed a little shellac to brighten them up a bit.
I also got the motion sensor and LED strip light wiring all installed.  As soon as granite is ready, I can put things together.

3/31/14  Customer and I finally got our schedules together and I delivered today.   He was thrilled that a ten year dream was fulfilled.




No comments: