Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quilt Ladder - QS white Oak

I have an order for a quilt ladder.   24 " x 84 "  with rungs about 10 inches apart.   It will lean against a wall to display/store a number of quilts.

The customer's living room furniture is mostly oak, with several pieces inspired by Arts and Crafts design.

In this case, I will build it with quarter-sawn White Oak and stain.   Shellac will be a good finish for this.

-- 12/1  Boy, I picked up a beautiful board for this project.  Hardware Specialties was just unloading a new shipment of lumber and had some nice looking material.  I picked out a 12' 1x6  and after running it through the planer, it began to sparkle!  Gee, I love to see that flake!

All the pieces are planed and cut to dimension.  Just need to make the finishing cuts and the pinned through-tenons.

Dry fitting parts


Pinned tenon

Rung mortise
Stained and first coat of finish









All done.



No comments: